Monday, December 23, 2013

She dines at : Ashoka (Indian Healthy Cuisine)

 When I went to Elbi, I asked my bestfriend to take me to a vegetarian restaurant. She willingly complied to my wishes. She took me to Ashoka. It is located at Ruby Street in Umali Subdivision, sandwiched between Moonleaf and Crayon Box. It is easily spotted for its authentic Indian vibe.


                                   
                                                   

            From the entrance, we could smell the scent of curry unjustly enticing us to fix our arse on the  perfectly aligned red chairs. We composed ourselves, as Revo let me admire the hanging image of potent Krishna and his lover, Radha.


          Ashoka is a combination of comfort and exoticism, an amalgam difficult to find. It offers more than 60 healthy dishes. You can choose whether you want your dish spicy, moderately spicy or not spicy at all. 
                  



                  



                            





                 


           We ordered thali, moderately spicy. I could say that the chapati was gloriously made.The combination of softness and slight saltiness takes you to an Indian journey where you see the local girls trying to knead the dough with their bare hands. Every bite made me reminisce the rainy days when Papa used to make some kubus bread paired with hot milk tea. Ahhhh, those days when all I had to think about was to get home by 4:30 to watch Inu Yasha.  The spices in the mixed vegetables gloriously tickled our tounges and the daal soup worked its magic to dumbfound us until we found ourselves not even giving glance to each other.  It is thick and the depth of flavor from the beans were satisfying.

          Not only the food was amazing, but also the owner, Mr. Raj Prasad, was accommodating. He was very friendly.  His waiters diligently explained to us the different dishes they have, the ingredients and how it would taste. They served us with a smile. After we consumed our food, they offered us mukhwas. It cleanses the palate and acts as a mouth freshener. It has a sweet minty flavor. Trust me, Revo and I couldn't get enough of it.
           


              Me and my bestfriend loved the food and the service. We will definitely go back to the place.So if you happen to be in Elbi, make sure to drop by.


Contact Ashoka @ 0949 836 7595
 Facebook:  ashokaPHIL











No comments:

Post a Comment





Pin It button on image hover