Tuesday, December 17, 2013

She wanders:UP Los Baños







          I love visiting Los Baños or Elbi as they call it to catch up with some of my friends who are living or studying at UPLB. I was 15 when I first went to Elbi to study. I took up BS Food Technology yet I had to leave after two years to pursue my passion in the city...or I guess I just really loved the urban life's uncertainty. Yet I have to admit that Elbi touched my soul and took a piece of my heart. I always go back hoping that I might reclaim it but I just can't. No one can. As the old folks in Elbi would say, "Blame it on Mariang Makiling. She enamored you." 

          Elbi people are warm and welcoming. You will always feel at home. They will feed you good and fresh food. They will give you a comfortable bed to sleep in. 
          My proposed itinerary was to stay there for a day and a  night, but I had to extend it for 2 more days and 2 more nights. All my friends are free during the whole week. We can bond. James bond. Nice pun, isn't it? No? Really? Oh well.
          It was 7:30 pm when I arrived Elbi. I need to learn how to pack lightly because I took 3 bags with me and with my frame, I am glad that I still am able to walk. Actually, my plan was to go directly to my bestfriend's house but I was so hungry when I got there. So I went to Barbie's instead but by the time I was at his place, he was not there.  Note to self: Always read your text messages. Good thing my big brother from another mother ,Alex, came to the rescue like a contemporary knight with his beloved car, Gale . What a relief! We went to meet his friends. Kuya Alex might intimidate you with his tall, badboy, handsome looks but he is really a sweetheart and I will always stick up for him. I had so much fun talking to his friends until Barbie came to pick me up. I was also supposed to meet George, unfortunately we never had a chance to hang out a little longer because he was busy and I was hungry. Stayed with Barbie for a while after dinner then we went to campus to take pictures of the lights and lanterns. Then when I felt like my eyes are about to droop, I asked him to take me to Revo's house. He went to a party after that. He never sleeps. Such a vampire. 

lights and lanterns
        
            Revo and I went out the next day to try the vegetarian place. I have always told her that I have been craving for a good vegetarian food. She said she knows a place, hence Ashoka. Revo will never admit she loves you verbally but she will show it in her own little way. I love her as if she is my own sister. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever met and she will always be.  We  also went to watch a kid's talent show. But the most adventurous part of our day was when we got splashed by  the sea  water when we  were inside the tricy. It was fun! 

 See, I was being a good girl. No meat!
    " Swooosh swooosh," the wave said.
        
            My second day to Elbi was the IRRI/volleyball tournament day. Barbie and I went to UPOU,  cheered some triathletes then hiked to IRRI. I planned to go home after visiting the institute but when the evening came, I changed my mind and  watched the volleyball club's tournament instead. I had to support my friend. I love Barbie, he has always been there for me. He loves me unconditionally.  He tucks me in when I feel cold. He always make me feel special. He loves me with all his soul. Through him I met a lot of friends,
                                                                             
- Cha- Very fabulous person. Cha likes to blame himself for everything,I like that vulnerability in him. 
- Marty- Unapologetically good looking with his beautiful brown eyes and ripped arms. He's cool and friendly. 
- Ate Chok- Ahhhh I get starstruck all the time. Ate Chok is beautiful inside and out. 
- Ate RR-  Smart, sexy, intoxicating. 
- Ate Chan-  Funny and talented. Beyonce is thatchu?...and how can I forget Nilda?
- Maki, I used to think Maki hates me but I was wrong. He's really funny and spontaneous. 
I miss them.


Marty, Cha, Maki

We got this baby!


          Something that separates my recent visit to my other visits is that I have gained more friends. And with them I was able to be mushy, I was able to be needy. I can say the words "I love you", "I will miss you" ,"You are amazing", "Call me all the time " without them being judgemental. Infact, they are just the same. True friends indeed. 
            "That's it!"

                                  Then came the dreaded day of saying goodbye...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Pin It button on image hover