Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Planner Cover

          As I was looking through my craft box, I found a bottle red dye that I have not used for a long time. I guess the last time I used it was 2 years ago when I was still making and selling handmade scented candles. I also did not want to discard the excess paper from when I cut out the templates so I thought of using them to make the planner cover.
          You can buy any cover from your favorite craft store if you want to, but if you prefer endless hours of crafting like me, then you can go on and read through this entry for the DIY steps.
           I chose the old rose-colored marble design for an added oomph to my planner. 

Materials needed: 

  • 2 cardboard sheets(same size as your templates)
  • glue
  • crumpled papers
  • red dye
  • hole punch 
  • stirrer

Directions:

1. Add glue to the red dye. Stir. 

 2. Dip the crumpled paper into the mixture.


3. Stick the colored paper to the cardboard sheet until covered.



4. Let it dry.

5. Cut off the excess. 


6. Punch in 4 holes. 


There you go! 



Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. See you! 

xoxo-Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment





Pin It button on image hover